Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching
The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Research Program provides an opportunity for K–12 educators to conduct research and engage in other professional learning experiences abroad for three
to six months. Fulbright Distinguished fellows complete individual inquiry projects on a topic relevant to education in the United States and Mexico, take courses at a host university, and share
educational practices with colleagues..
The commission follows the recommendations of both the Mexican government and the U.S. Embassy Travel Warnings when placing US Fulbright grantees in Mexico. This may mean that placement will be restricted in certain states or areas of Mexico depending upon these recommendations.
• U.S. citizen
• Fluent Spanish
• Minimum degree: Bachelor's degree
• Current full-time employment at accredited U.S. school
• Fifty percent of time must be teaching or working directly with students
• Minimum teaching experience: 3 years
• Monthly maintenance allowance
• One round-trip international air ticket for the grantee
• Fulbright medical benefit plan
• Commission’s assistance with the visa paperwork
• Additional dependant allowances
• Dependents may accompany at grantee´s expense
Call for Applications
• To apply for this award, please submit your application through this link.
• Application deadline: March 7, 2021 11:59PM EST
• For further information please contact IREX (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• September through June
The US-Mexico Commission for Educational & Cultural Exchange is the lead binational agency dedicated to promoting understanding between the two countries through educational exchange of citizens who have demonstrated excellence.
For additional details: www.comexus.org.mx
Contact: Naomi Ramos
Berlín 18 Piso 2 Colonia Juárez
C.P 06600 Mexico DF