English Teaching Assistanships FAQ
Grants For Students
Closes: Oct 6, 2018
This grant provides US students at all degree levels (terminal Undergraduate, Master’s or Ph.D.), the opportunity to pursue a 9 months research in Mexico. Applications will be accepted in all fields of study except Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and Odontology.
The commission follows the recommendations of both the Mexican government and the U.S. Embassy Travel Warnings when placing US Fulbright grantees in Mexico. This may mean that placement will be restricted in certain states or areas of Mexico depending upon these recommendations.
See U.S. Department of State webpage for detailed information:
• Fluent Spanish
• Minimum degree: B.S./B.A.
• Letter of affiliation from a Mexican academic institution
• Must not be living or working in Mexico during the application process
• Double citizenship candidates can compete for a grant
• Monthly maintenance
• One round-trip international air ticket for the grantee
• Fulbright medical benefit plan
• Commission’s assistance with the visa paperwork
• Additional dependant allowances
Call for Applications
- Should correspond with standard academic semesters: August/September 2018 or January 2019
- September 2018 through May 2020 is preferred
The US-Mexico Commission for Educational & Cultural Exchange is the lead binational agency dedicated to promoting understanding between the two countries through educational exchange of citizens who have demonstrated excellence.
For additional details: www.comexus.org.mx
Berlín 18 Piso 2 Colonia Juárez
C.P 06600 Mexico DF