English Teaching Assistanships FAQ
Grants For Students
Closes: Oct 11, 2016
This grant provides US students at all degree levels (terminal Undergraduate, Master’s or Ph.D.), the opportunity to pursue a 9 months research in Mexico. Applications will be accepted in all fields of study except Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and Odontology.
The commission follows the recommendations of both the Mexican government and the U.S. Embassy Travel Warnings when placing US Fulbright grantees in Mexico. This may mean that placement will be restricted in certain states or areas of Mexico depending upon these recommendations.
• Fluent Spanish
• Minimum degree: B.S./B.A.
• Letter of affiliation from a Mexican academic institution
• To reside in the US during the selection process
• Double citizenship candidates can compete for a grant
• Monthly maintenance
• One round-trip international air ticket for the grantee
• Fulbright medical benefit plan
• Commission’s assistance with the visa paperwork
• Additional dependant allowances
Call for Applications
- Opens: March 31, 2016
- Closes: Oct 11, 2016
- Applications must be sumbitted online through IIE (http://us.fulbrightonline.org/). For further information please contact Susan Muendl (email@example.com)
- Should correspond with standard academic semesters: August/September 2017 or January 2018
- September 2017 through May 2018 is preferred
The US-Mexico Commission for Educational & Cultural Exchange is the lead binational agency dedicated to promoting understanding between the two countries through educational exchange of citizens who have demonstrated excellence.
For additional details: www.comexus.org.mx
Berlín 18 Piso 2 Colonia Juárez
C.P 06600 Mexico DF